About the Workplace Relations Team
Our Workplace Relations Team provides advice and assistance to:
- Doctors engaged as Visiting Medical Officers and Visiting Medical Practitioners;
- Doctors employed as Staff Specialists;
- Doctors employing staff in private practice.
We help equip members with knowledge, resources, and support in a range of areas, including:
- employment and workplace relations
- practice management
Our focus is on pro-active support, to help members look ahead and anticipate challenges and opportunities before they escalate into problems or disputes.
We engage in industrial advocacy and representation for members, to further their professional interests and to help protect their rights.
Of course, we’re also here to help when things start going wrong.
Overall, we are here to help reduce your workplace and business stressors and free you up to focus on the practise of medicine.
The services we provide
Our dedicated team of professionals provide advice and assistance to members in the public and private hospital systems regarding workplace matters and disputes including the following:
- terms and conditions of employment
- VMO entitlements
- rates of pay
- underpayment of overtime
- safe hours and rostering
- unfair dismissal
- performance management meetings
- bullying and harassment matters
- workplace investigations
- training disputes
- registration requirements
We can assist you with access to legal and industrial relations assistance in case of any disputes with your employer.
For Doctors-in-Training follow the link here.
We provide assistance to members conducting or working in a private practice. The issues with which we can assist include:
- fees and billing issues
- paying practice staff
- employee rights and obligations
- consumer complaints
We also have a range of resources available to support members including:
MEDICO LEGAL SUPPORT
We provide advice and assistance to members on a range of issues including:
- Medical records
- Privacy issues
- Subpoenas and attending Court
- Contact from agencies such as AHPRA, the Medical Council of NSW, Health Care Complaints Commission, Medicare
EDUCATION & TRAINING
We assist to upskill and empower members at each stage of their professional career by offering training and education on relevant topics.
Events include Private Practice workshops, information sessions for doctors for each stage of their career, seminars on contracting in private practice and hospitals, seminars for senior and junior doctors tailored to issues of relevance to them.
Please see our events page for more information about upcoming events.
The best way to log an enquiry or seek assistance from our team is to email email@example.com and let us know:
- your name and member number
- a brief description of your enquiry (without disclosing any confidential or sensitive information)
- whether you need an answer by a particular time and, if so, the nature of the deadline (please don’t just say it’s ‘urgent’!)
- when and how we can contact you (eg, preferred mobile number, times of day you’re not available, etc)
Alternatively, you can call through our switch between 9-5 Monday-Friday.
Once your enquiry has been logged, you’ll receive a reference number to help you communicate with us again and track our response. Please note, we aim to provide an initial response to all these enquiries within a few days but demand is very high, and sometimes it takes us longer to respond than we would like.