- On June 11, 2018
AMA (NSW) President, Dr Kean-Seng Lim, is congratulating the doctors named on the 2018 Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
“Every year, a large number of doctors are recognised on the Queen’s Birthday for their service to the medical profession and the patients we treat.
“It is always especially good to see familiar names on that list.
“This year, former Federal and NSW President, Prof Brian Owler AM, has been named among the many worthy recipients.
“He gave four years of service to the AMA in a presidential role, leading AMA (NSW) from 2012-2014 and Federal AMA from 2014-2016, and both organisations are the stronger for it,” Dr Lim said.
Other NSW doctors recognised include:
- Prof Rodney Baber AM – significant service to medicine (obstetrics / gynaecology), medical research
- A/Prof Geoffrey Champion AM – significant service to medicine (paediatric rheumatology), medical research
- Dr Michael Cooper AM – significant service to medicine (anaesthesia), medical education
- Dr Terence O’Connor AM – significant service to medicine (colorectal surgeon), medical education
- E/Prof David Sonnabend AM – significant service to medicine (orthopaedics), administrator, medical education
- Dr Philip Thompson AM – significant service to medicine (plastic surgery), health initiatives in South East Asia
- Dr Peter Arnold OAM – service to medicine (general practice)
- The late Dr Keith Beck OAM – service to medicine
- A/Prof Terry Bolin OAM – service to medicine (gastroenterology)
- Dr Alan Bray OAM – service to medicine (vascular surgery)
- Clin A/Prof Michael Cooper OAM – service to medicine (gynaecology)
“And given the importance of doctors’ wellbeing, it is excellent to see Meredith McVey OAM, who is an indispensable part of the Doctors’ Health Advisory Service, also being included on this year’s Honours List.”
“I very much want to congratulate all the doctors named on this year’s Queens Birthday Honour’s List, it is a great achievement.
“These doctors really do represent some of the best the medical profession has to offer,” Dr Lim said.
Media contact: Andrea Cornish 0419 402 955