- This event has passed.
Buying your rooms via SMSF
October 23, 2019 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM AEDT
SMSF investments in business premises can be a financially sound decision, particularly for medical professionals. The advantages of owning your medical rooms in your superfund are significant e.g. asset protection, tax efficiency – reduce your tax liability legally and faster ownership via faster debt reduction.
These advantages, whilst significant, are not without risk and the compliance requirements for SMSF are also stringent.
This seminar will arm you with the facts to allow you to make the best decision. Join us on Wednesday 23 October to explore:
- How you can buy your rooms in a SMSF
- The costs and risks to be aware of
- How to borrow to buy property in a SMSF
- The effect of recent government proposals on SMSF borrowing
Presented by: Shane Morgan, Partner at Cutcher & Neale
Shane joined Cutcher & Neale in January 2005 and became a Partner in July 2012. He works within our medical and dental divisions and has a particular interest in Self-Managed Superannuation for our medical and dental client base.
Shane is a noted presenter and commentator, regularly speaking at events for a range of industry organisations including the Australian Medical Association (AMA (NSW)),the Australian Association of Practice Management (AAPM), Australian Dental Association (ADA), and the SMSF Association.
He has extensive experience with medical and dental professionals and has assisted many practitioners in planning and structuring their businesses, improving their financial performance and structuring for business succession.
Shane's areas of expertise include:
- Services to medical practitioners and dentists
- Surgery acquisition strategies
- Business reporting and KPI development
- Tax effective business structuring
- Tax advice and planning
- Self-Managed Superannuation
- Succession Planning & Retirement strategies
- Tax and Pension strategies for SMSFs
- Estate planning
Date / Time
Wednesday, 23 October 2019
6:30pm - 8:30pm
AMA (NSW) Member: Free