Career Planning Workshop
April 28 - 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM AEST
Navigating a career in medicine can be daunting to say the least! Are you unsure of your chosen pathway? Are you yet to choose a pathway or unsure of what you’re best suited to?
Join us across these two interactive sessions as we look at ways to navigate the maze of career options open to you.
The workshop will cover:
- An introduction to career planning
- Common areas of career indecision and career confusion for doctors
- A framework to assist in identifying areas of career interest, strengths and transferable skills to progress career decision making
- Explanation and discussion around Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality analysis and how personality types impact career decisions
- Discussion around individual core values and the importance of addressing these in career planning
- Career mapping exercises to further assist the career planning journey
- Examples of non-traditional or creative careers that can be pursued by doctors
Individual reports will be provided to attendees and are included as part of the workshop cost. These include: Myers Briggs Personality assessment, Core values assessment and Transferable Skills assessment.
Registrations close on 20th April – very limited places
Presenter - Dr Ashe Coxon, MBBS FRACGP DCH MClinEd Grad Cert Career Development
Dr Ashe Coxon, is a General Practitioner and career counsellor and is the founder of Medical Career Planning. Ashe started to develop an interest in career development for doctors whilst attempting to construct her career pathway in her early postgraduate training.
Her passion for career development in doctors grew and she completed her career development degree with the aim of assisting doctors with their personal career journey.
Presenter - Jessica Rankin, Senior Workplace Relations & Careers Advisor AMA (NSW)
With a background in human resources across health and government, Jess has conducted thousands of interviews with a broad range of candidates. During her years at the AMA, Jess has provided advice and assistance to doctors at all stages of their career and loves hearing feedback from members about how our service has helped them secure an interview or land their dream role.
SAVE THE DATE
Can’t make this session? Register now for additional sessions later in the year:
1pm – 3pm 18th & 25th August
1pm – 3pm 18th & 25th November
Date / Time
First session - Wednesday 28 April 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Second session - Saturday 1 May 1:00pm - 3:00pm
AMA (NSW) Member: $169 (ticket price includes two interactive sessions)
Non-Member: $369 (ticket price includes two interactive sessions)