Employer Essentials: Contracts and Fair Work Act Compliance – Baulkham Hills
February 21 - 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM AEDT
Who should attend?
Any doctors (or their practice managers) who:
- employ staff directly or are involved in staffing decisions for their practice (with or without a practice manager);
- intend to hire new staff or renegotiate any new staff contracts/arrangements soon;
- haven’t reviewed their employees’ contracts for a while (or who don’t have any in place); and/or
- aren’t aware of their compliance obligations under the Fair Work Act and/or Modern Awards.
- Learn about the key risks for practice principals under the Fair Work Act, including personal liability for civil penalties (eg, for sole trader doctors, company directors, key decision makers and anyone else ‘involved in’ breaches of the Act or Awards);
- Identify key strategies for managing those risks, including identifying the key compliance obligations under the Fair Work Act, and assessing whether or how their own practice meets them;
- Learn how to read, understand and comply with the two key Modern Awards that apply to employed practice staff; and
- Review and discuss AMA (NSW)’s suite of contracts for private practice employees, including:
- how they help protect your practice
- how to access them
- what they say (and why)
- which one to choose (and when)
- how to implement them in a manner appropriate for your practice
- the importance of ongoing review of contracts.
Date / Time
Friday, 21 February 2020
9:00am - 12:30pm
AMA (NSW) Member / Member's Practice Manager: $50