- This event has passed.
Employer Essentials: Contracts and Fair Work Act Compliance – Rydges Cronulla Beachside
September 13 - 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM AEST
Who should attend?
Any doctors (or their practice managers) who:
- employ staff directly or are involved in staffing decisions for their practice (with or without a practice manager);
- intend to hire new staff or renegotiate any new staff contracts/arrangements soon;
- haven’t reviewed their employees’ contracts for a while (or who don’t have any in place); and/or
- aren’t aware of their compliance obligations under the Fair Work Act and/or Modern Awards.
- Learn about the key risks for practice principals under the Fair Work Act, including personal liability for civil penalties (eg, for sole trader doctors, company directors, key decision makers and anyone else ‘involved in’ breaches of the Act or Awards);
- Identify key strategies for managing those risks, including identifying the key compliance obligations under the Fair Work Act, and assessing whether or how their own practice meets them;
- Learn how to read, understand and comply with the two key Modern Awards that apply to employed practice staff; and
- Review and discuss AMA (NSW)’s suite of contracts for private practice employees, including:
- how they help protect your practice
- how to access them
- what they say (and why)
- which one to choose (and when)
- how to implement them in a manner appropriate for your practice
- the importance of ongoing review of contracts.
Other dates / venues for this seminar:
- Friday, 5 April 2019 – Magenta
- Friday, 17 May 2019 – St Leonards
- Friday, 16 August 2019 – Penrith area
- There is a refundable $50 booking fee for this event for AMA (NSW) Members. Your credit card will be deducted at the time of booking but you will receive a refund 3-5 days after your attendance. You will also receive a refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the workshop (ie earlier than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 10 September 2019).
- Cancellations can be made via phone to AMA (NSW) Event Coordinator Jenni Noble on 9902 8140 or email email@example.com
- Refunds will not be provided if you do not let us know you will not be attending or advise us after 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 10 September 2019.
- This event will only proceed if we reach a viable number of registrations prior to Friday 6 September 2019. Should the event not proceed because of low registration numbers, all payments will be refunded. Please contact us before booking non-refundable / non-transferable flights or accommodation.
Date / Time
Friday, 13 September 2019
9:00am - 12:30pm
AMA (NSW) Member: $50 (deposit refundable upon attendance)