We know that managing performance and giving feedback fills many employers and managers with dread. But it’s an important part of running an effective practice and - as “pay review season” approaches - it will become increasingly difficult to avoid!
Our next “Employer Essentials” module aims to take the fear out of performance reviews and people management, by demystifying the myriad of practical and legal challenges and risks.
Sign up to today, and let us help you prepare.
Presented by AMA (NSW) Director of Professional Services, Helen Winklemann
- discuss the personal and business benefits that flow from effective performance management;
- identify the key risks and challenges that make performance management difficult;
- learn about the intersecting legal risks and obligations that affect performance management strategies, processes and decision making;
- identify practical strategies to for conducting effective performance reviews, feedback sessions and pay-rise negotiations; and
- develop strategies for addressing under-performance.
Who should attend?
Any doctors who:
- employ staff directly or are involved in staffing decisions for their practice (with or without a practice manager);
- want to maximise the contribution of practice staff, by encouraging them to perform to the best of their skills and ability;
- aren’t happy with how their staff are performing now; and/or
- intend to run performance/pay reviews soon, or suspect their staff want a pay-rise.