- This event has passed.
Virtual Medical Careers Expo
June 18 - 5:00 PM - July 3 - 6:00 PM AEST
Are you thinking about the next phase of your career in medicine?
Join us at the AMA (NSW) Virtual Medical Careers Expo where you will get information to map out the next steps on your career journey.
You will hear from senior college representatives, trainees, career and workplace advisors on specialty training applications, training experience, career insights as well as the interaction between training programs and employment arrangements.
Featuring a series of live webinars, this Virtual Careers Event is aimed at doctors-in-training who are seeking information and advice on career pathways and graduating students who would like to discover future career options.
Please see below session details:
- RACS: Thurs 18/6/20 @ 5pm
- Presenter Dr Linda Tang, second year SET Trainee (General Surgery) and member of the RACS Trainee Association, RACSTA.
- GP Synergy: Thurs 18/6/20 @ 6pm
- Presenters: Dr Nada Andric, General Practitioner and Head of Prevocational Education at GP Synergy; Dr Hugh Stump, third year general practice registrar.
- Specialist Wealth Group on Financial Wellbeing - Your journey from Intern to Private Practice: Thurs 18/6/20 @ 7pm
- Presenters: Matthew Prain, Financial Adviser at Specialist Wealth Group; Chris Richardson, National Lending Manager at Specialist Wealth Group.
- RANZCO: Fri 19/6/20 @ 5pm
- Presenter: Dr Claire Ruan, Senior registrar POWH
- ANZCA: Fri 19/6/20 @ 6pm
- Northern Queensland Regional Training Hubs on Regional Medical Training: Fri 19/6/20 @ 7pm
- Presenter: Dr Ashe Coxon, General Practitioner and medical career counsellor
- RACP: Thurs 25/6/20 @ 5pm
- CV Writing & Interview Techniques: Thurs 25/6/20 @ 6pm
- Presenter: Mardi O'Keefe, Manager - AMA Victoria Medical Career Service
- Cutcher & Neale on Money & Life in the Real World - Accounting Issues for Young Medical Practitioners: Thurs 25/6/20 @ 7pm
- Presenters: Nick Carter and Emma Louis from Cutcher & Neale.
- RANZCP: Fri 26/6/20 @ 5pm
- Presenters: Dr Andrew Pethebridge, Deputy Chair of NSW Branch Training Committee and Director of Training for South Eastern Sydney Illawarra Psychiatry Training Network; Dr Erin Daugherty, Stage 3 Trainee.
- RCPA: Fri 26/6/20 @ 6pm
- Dr Kathy Robinson, Educator at RCPA
- RANZCOG: Thurs 2/7/20 @ 5pm
- Presenters: Jacky Heath, Head of Learning and CPD, RANZCOG; Dr Andrew Zuschmann, Fellow; Dr Swetha Kumar, Trainee
- Training, Employment and Policies: the interaction between training programs and employment arrangements: Thurs 2/7/20 @ 6pm
- Presenter: Dominique Egan, Director of Workplace Relations, AMA (NSW)
- ACEM: Thurs 2/7/20 @ 7pm
- ACD: Fri 3/7/20 @ 5pm
This event is free of charge for AMA (NSW) members. Feel free to register for a non-member colleague who may be interested in attending and they will receive a free entry.
If you are unable to attend a session, we will forward you the recording for you to watch in our own time.
Date / Time
Thursday, 18 June to Friday 3 July 2020
AMA (NSW) Member: Free