- This event has passed.
What you need to know about Casual Employment – Webinar
July 18, 2019 - 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM AEST
Members can find a recording of the webinar here.
Please join us for a 60 minute webinar on what you need to know about casual employment. This session was prepared in response to significant interest from employers for further information about casual employment following recent regulatory and case developments. It is part of our Employer Essentials seminar series and stems from our highly popular Contracts and Fair Work Act Compliance seminar.
If you employ casual employees at your practice, we encourage you to attend this session!
Participants will learn about:
- Casual employees under the Fair Work Act
- Casual employment under Modern Awards, including casual conversion
- The risks of employing long term casuals, including the decision in Workpac v Skene
- The AMA (NSW) casual contract, and how to access it
Who should attend:
Any doctors (or their practice managers) who:
- employ casual employees
- intend to employ casual employees
- want to learn more about casual employment under the Fair Work Act, Modern Awards and/or common law
- want to know about how the AMA NSW can assist with casual employment.
The webinar will start promptly at 12:30pm via webinar. Instructions on how to log-in will be emailed to you a few days prior to 18th July. You will be able to type in questions during the webinar which the presenter may address at the end of the webinar if time permits. The presentation will be available for you to download.
Date / Time
Thursday, 18 July 2019
12:30pm - 1:30pm
AMA (NSW) Member: Free