AMA (NSW) provides members with a range of template employment contracts to use when hiring new private practice staff. You can download the templates by clicking on the relevant links below.
About the templates
Please note, these contracts are suitable if each of the following applies to you:
- You operate a private medical practice;
- You will employ the individuals concerned (not engage them as independent contractors);
- The employees you are hiring are nurses, support staff or other award-covered health professionals (not including employed doctors);
- The employees are ‘new hires’ (ie, they have not yet started work with you); and
- You will employ the employees as wages employees (ie, they won’t be paid an all-encompassing salary but will be paid for time worked).
Please note, each of these contract templates is designed to meet the key requirements of the relevant Modern Awards; however, it is your responsibility to ensure award compliance on a day-to-day basis. Full copies of the relevant Modern Awards are also provided below.
Have questions or need help tailoring the templates?
If you have questions about the templates, or if you would like help to tailor them for non-standard arrangements (eg, salaried employees), our Professional Services Advisors may be able to assist you with this; however, you should always allow plenty of lead time (ie, weeks, not days) for tailoring services because our team receives a high volume of service requests.
Please direct your requests to: email@example.com with an indication of the date from which you intend to hire the new staff (remembering you should allow enough time for the prospective employee to review, consider, sign and return the contract to you before you allow them to start any work for you).
Please click on one of the orange links below and select the type of contract you need.
Please note: to download any of the contracts you will first need to log in using your AMA user name and password.
Support staff and health professionals (other than employed doctors)
Links to other useful documents
- At a glance – the different types of employment
- Nurses Award 2010
- Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Fair Work Information Statement (must be provided to all new employees)